13 Tips to Jump-Start Your Car
Your battery can stop working or fail due to a number of reasons. Changing temperature, malfunctioning alternator, overlooking periodic service and maintenance, formations of lead crystals are some of the reasons a battery may fail. Failure of a battery lands you in a difficult situation. Jump starting the car is an effective method in such a scenario. While trying to jump start your car on your own you have to do it in a systematic manner following a set of procedure. While opening the hood of the car if you find any major issue with the battery (like being corroded, any leakage and so on) or if you are apprehensive to jump start the car on your own it is better to get help from a service provider instead of getting into more trouble. Champions Car Battery Services offers professional and efficient jump start car service. You can contact us with complete confidence. There are many risks involved while trying to jump start a car on your own. With us your car and you are in safe hands. We provide the best service of car battery change Abu Dhabi.
13 Tips to Jump-Start Your Car
- You can get in touch with Champions Car Battery Services for jump start car service. The first step which you have to do while trying to jump start your car is to park the cars close by each other.
- The automatic cars should be kept in the mode of park whereas the manual cars should be kept in the neutral mode along with the parking brake.
- Next you have to lift the hoods of both the cars. This has to be done only after the cars are turned off and the keys are taken away from the ignition of the car.
- After the hood has been lifted you have to find the positive and negative terminals of the battery. Red coloured side with a plus mark indicates the positive terminal of the battery whereas the black coloured side with minus mark indicates the negative side.
- Find the jumper cables and its positive and negative ends. The metals of the cable shouldn’t come in contact with each other.
- Next you should connect the positive cable which is the red cable with the positive terminal of the battery which is not working.
- You also have to attach to the working battery the other part of the positive cable.
- Negative jumper cable has to be connected to the negative terminal of the battery which is working.
- The negative cable’s other part has to be connected to a metal surface anywhere under car’s hood. Remember the metal surface should not be painted.
- Once the connections have been completed you have to instantly turn the car on.
- The car has to be kept running for some time. If it does not start initially try again after sometime. Even after trying if it does not start then the battery may be faulty. You might need a replacement and will have to call for assistance. You can contact Champions Car Battery Services for car battery change Abu Dhabi.
- Once the car starts, the cables have to be disconnected and removed next. Be careful while removing the cables. It should not be removed in the way you connected them. You have to remove it in the reverse way. The negative cable on the dead battery have to be removed first then negative on the working battery, later positive cable have to removed from the good battery and subsequently from the dead car battery the positive cable.
- The car should not be turned off immediately it has to be kept in running for around 30 minutes or so.